It won’t be long until the 2022 annual harvest begins and we are always looking for a great crew of people to come out and lend a hand with bringing in the grapes!
We pick up to 5 times each fall and we need all of the help we can get with each picking. Here’s what you need to know:
- We start early! Harvest day begins with the sun which means we get started at around 6:30 in the morning. Don’t worry, we have lots of drinks and fresh biscuits to get every one fueled up for a productive day.
- Dress for the job! The vineyard is on a hillside with rocks and uneven terrain, so be sure to choose your footwear accordingly. Also, we are out in nature around fruit, so there will be bees, wasps and yellow jackets hanging out with us as the day goes on.
- We provide the clippers, plenty of water, gatorade, and sodas as well as breakfast (and lunch if needed. Not all harvests last that long).
- Once we start picking we pick until it’s all brought in. That’s why we only pick one variety at a time.
- Pay is $12/hour. You must be 16 or older to pick.
Harvest begins somewhere around mid-late September and Early October