Shrimp Pasta with White Wine Sauce
A glass of cold white wine and an easy dinner is the perfect way to end any day or begin any Summer night. Our Vidal Blanc, a dry white wine with notes of grapefruit and a fresh, citrus finish take this Shrimp Pasta with a White Wine Sauce to new heights.
A healthy splash of our Vidal Blanc gives this simple, light meal a wonderful flavor and there is plenty of wine left in the bottle for you and your guests to enjoy with dinner!
This dish only takes minutes to prepare and is perfect for any weeknight. If you didn’t pick up any Vidal Blanc on your last visit to our tasting room, then feel free to substitute any of our other dry white wines such as our un-oaked Chardonnay, our dry Gewurztraminer- Magnolia White or even our off-dry, Ivory Mist.
Are you a local Tennessean? Check out one of our tasting rooms! Out-of-state wine lover? You can order online. We ship to over 30 states!
Shrimp Pasta in White WIne Sauce
- 2 Tbls. olive oil
- 2 Tbls. butter
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 2 shallots minced
- 1 pint grape tomatoes halved
- Pinch red pepper flakes
- 2 pounds peeled & deveined shrimp
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 3/4 cup Vidal Blanc
- 1/2 pound freshly cooked pasta
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Parmesan cheese to serve
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Melt the butter with the olive oil and add in garlic, shallot, tomatoes,1/4 teaspoon salt and red pepper flakes. Saute for 3 minutes or until tomatoes soften.
- Add in shrimp, lemon juice and Vidal Blanc. Simmer until reduced by half.
- Add the pasta to the skillet and toss to coat (add a bit of pasta cooking water if the pasta seems dry).
- Remove from the heat and toss in parsley, more salt & pepper. Serve with Parmesan cheese.